[ale] boot to new kernel on RedHat

jim rebus at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 31 11:36:49 EST 1999

Many thanks to all who answered. I believe the solutions from Eric and Chris
will both work. Although, this is a lot harder than it was when I was running
Slackware. In those days, if you compiled a new kernel you were booting to
that one by default.

Now if I could only get all sound functions working, I would be happy. But
that's another story. Maybe more on that later. Anyway, the 2.2.1 kernel
compiles nicely on RedHat 5.2 without any immediate upgrades. I think the
drivers for PCI sound cards leave a lot to be desired, though.