[ale] Access95 prices in ATL?

David S. Jackson dsj at dsj.net
Sat Jan 30 16:13:20 EST 1999

Hi,

Sorry about asking on ALE for *anything* to do with the Evil Empire, but our
subdivision's local swimteam, "The River Forest Rapids," needs some help
with their swimteam software (they don't have any).  Rather than reinvent
the wheel with my limited Perl or C abilities, I've suggested they go with a
shareware tool that seems to do just what they need, but it requires
Access95.

Does anyone know or can anyone guess where the best price might be?  I'm
thinking the Engineer's Bookstore on Marietta St.  (just up from LGS--Hi
Joe!) might be good if someone in our development has a current student ID.
I think they get 50% off or something?  Not too bad.  I hate to pay full
retail on anything, *especially* if Microsoft makes it.  Bad enough to have
to pay them monopoly taxes of any kind! :-) (I'd like to develop an OSS Perl
solution for them, but I have to learn Perl first!)

Thanks for any help you can lend!

--
David S. Jackson                           http://www.dsj.net

            * * * CHOICE OF A GNU GENERATION * * *