[ale] Looking for flowcharting package or tool

John M. Mills jmills at jmills.gtri.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 27 10:21:06 EST 1999

'Lo --

I have to draw some activity flowcharts (not strictly code logic), and
could do them in Win95 and SmartDraw.  I would rather find a solution in
Linux, which would have to be cheap or free.  I don't absolutely need
graphic input: some type pseudocode would be fine, maybe even better than
mousing. I would need to export the results in something like GIF, EPS, or
other format I could import into a Word97 document.  LaTeX solutions would
be nice to know about, but I would prefer something where I wasn't typing
quite such low-level input.  I have tried xfig[-3.1pl4], which would work,
but it looks that I would have to repeatedly create shapes for common
objects, like diamonds, unless some xfig-spert could tell me how to add
shapes to the repertoire.

TIA - mills

  John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer -- john.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
  Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0834
        Phone contacts: 404.894.0151 (voice), 404.894.6285 (FAX)
         "The cardinal virtues of a programmer are Laziness,
            Impatience, and Hubris." -- attr. Larry Wall