[ale] RedHat Upgrade without a bootdisk or CD?

joe joe at linuxgeneralstore.com
Mon Jan 25 18:20:26 EST 1999

you should be able to copy over the image, then edit LILO
to optionaly boot off of that image

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:

> Ok,
>   I have a box that doesn't have a floppy or cdrom in it.  It is up and
> on the network right now.  I can put the 5.2 cd in another machine and
> mount it, but how do I boot the image?  There is a .exe you can run in
> dos that will boot you into the install image.  Is there anything like
> this for once you're already in Linux?
>
> Robert

> Robert L. Harris                |    Windows is to Unix
> Senior System Administrator II  |      what 'hooked on phonics'
>   at Great West Life.           \_       is to Shakespeare
>

> http://www.orci.com/~nomad
>
> DISCLAIMER:
>
> FYI:
>  perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

Joe DeVita                         Founder
Linux General Store   "Where Cyberspace and Real space meet"
798 Marietta St.       404-881-8090 voice  404-881-0640 fax
Atlanta GA 30318        http://www.linuxgeneralstore.com