Gateway to bundle too... (Re: [ale] Compaq To 'Test Drive'

Jay Finch horus at larp.com
Mon Jan 18 14:21:10 EST 1999

Guess what, Chris (et all)?  Gateway has now said they will bundle RH 5.2
with their servers too...

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,385256,00.html

Cheers!
Jay

At 10:37 AM 01/18/1999 -0500, Chris Ricker wrote:
>On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 Stan.Hearn at ipst.edu wrote:
>
>> http://www.zdnet.com/sr/stories/news/0,4538,2188401,00.html
>>
>> "Slated for availability in March, Compaq Japan will bundle its midrange
>> servers
>> with Pacific HiTech's Linux operating system and an Oracle Corp. database,
>> among other applications..."
>
>Also see <http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,385256,00.html>,
>where Compaq will be shipping RH 5.2 preinstalled servers with 24x7 support.
>
>Compaq, Dell, and IBM have been pre-installing Linux for about a year or so
>now if you asked them nicely.  The difference is that now they're going to
>have server lines devoted to Linux that they churn off the assembly line,
>and that they support.
>
>Now if we could just persuade Gateway so I could get a free cow mousepad w/
>my next Linux box ;-).
>
>later,
>chris

-----
Jay Finch                       : "So what is it this time, Mr.
Owner/GKE of NERO-Atlanta       : Bester? Hunting out freedom
(770) 650-0410  (voice)         : fighters, pulling wings off flies,
horus at larp.com                  : annexing Sudetenland?"
kateth at bck.org                  : 		-- Zach Allen, Babylon 5
MTBI Survey says:  ENXJ         :
      Check out my home page at:  http://www.photobooks.com/~horus/