[ale] I broke X

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Wed Jan 13 17:54:37 EST 1999

	I have Slackware installed under UMSDOS, and realize how DOS
Scandisk could mess up linux. I didn't realize that Defrag would too.
When the kernel boots, it says that the .X0-lock file has some wierd name
something like _x0-lock.{k or something similar. It named it _x0-lock.$00
I could rename it because of the $. I tried a mv _* .X0-lock, and the
file dissappeared. I cannot even enter X because of this. Does anyone
know how I can fix this?
Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no attachments)
MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with attachments.)
Slackware 3.5 (2.0.34) Linux user -- Linux Advocate

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]