[ale] Dial in and out on the same modem.

Ben Coleman bcoleman at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 13 07:59:18 EST 1999

I've got a Slackware 3.5 machine set up with dial-on-demand and IP
masquerading(using diald) to give my home lan connectivity.  It would also
be nice to occasionally be able to dial in from work, using the same modem
I use for dialing out.  Before I set about reinventing the wheel, is there
a 'standard' way of doing this?  I assume this would involve something on
the order of running some form of getty on the modem, but have some way of
moving the getty out of the way when dialing out.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman NJ8J                     | The attempt to legislatively
http://bcoleman.home.mindspring.com/ | micromanage equality results, at