[ale] Athens Linux Fest

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Jan 13 08:47:25 EST 1999

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Matthew Brown wrote:

> I would have picked UGA as a Microsoft shop.
> <g>

Actually, I think they have a surprisingly large Linux-using population, or
so I gather from my little brother, the family shame who goes there ;-).

Their LUG is called CHUGALUG, which is almost as good a name as
ALE....

A branch of their UCNS, which is sorta like OIT at Tech, actively pushes the
use of Linux, installs it, and provides support for it.  That's more than
OIT does at Tech, for example (officially, anyway)....

later,
chris

--
Chris Ricker                                            kaboom at gatech.edu