[ale] Printer daemon

Jeffery B Layton g593851 at yogi.mar.lmco.com
Fri Jan 8 09:56:49 EST 1999

Hello,

   I tried connecting my HP 5M the other night. I used printtool to set it
up and I printed a test page from printtool. However, the next night, I
tried sending something to the printer using lpr. It spooled OK but was
screaming about the daemon not running. I read the man pages for lpc
and tried several options to start the daemon. However, no joy. Could
anybody offer a few suggestions for this seemingly simple problem (that
I can't figure out!).

TIA,

Jeff Layton

g593851 at fs1.mar.lmco.com
-or-
laytonjb at mindspring.com

P.S. I probably spelled daemon incorrectly, but I hope you get the idea.