[ale] nfsd, mountd and portmap

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Jan 7 23:33:27 EST 1999

portmap was the key.  I knew it wasn't running either, but couldn't
figure out why.  Eric A. mentioned this as well, so I checked into it
again.  Turns out, I had an /etc/rc.d/init.d/portmap, but there were no
sym links to any of the startup/shutdown directories.  Weird.  Anyway, I
duplicated the links as found on my other box, and all is well in NFS
land...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????