[ale] Well "Rumour Corrected"

joe joe at linuxgeneralstore.com
Mon Feb 8 19:03:28 EST 1999

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Michael B Golden wrote:

> >You can bring this buy on tues nights.
>
> So I can get free labor on it provided I can purchase any new parts
> needed? If the problem happens to be found, would I be required to buy at
> the LGS (which I would prefer to be able to do), or could I just be told
> the problem and order new parts somewhere else (which in all probability
> would be less expensive, therefore making them the most reasonable
> solution for me)?

Michael,
maybe this can can clear up the Rumours

The linux Hardware Forum was created to provide a weekly
forum for new linux users to get people together in an informal
hands-on atmosphere. There is plenty of spare hardware to do component
swapping along with a good crew of people who volunteer their time to
help solve problems.  Not to be confused with the monthly ALE meeting,
which is the second Thursday of each month.  The Linux General Store
hosts this weekly event; it is the users who help one another for free
and trade hardware, swap stories and ideas and eat pizza and hang out.
Although the store is open for business, no one is required to buy
anything, or pay any fee at the door.

Joe DeVita                         Founder
Linux General Store   "Where Cyberspace and Real space meet"
798 Marietta St.       404-881-8090 voice  404-881-0640 fax
Atlanta GA 30318        http://www.linuxgeneralstore.com