[ale] Enlightenment not there?

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Mon Feb 8 17:55:28 EST 1999

	I tried to install the Enlightement window manager on Slackware
today. I pulled it off of the Macmillan set RedHat 5.2 Bonus CD, and
converted it using rpm2targz. I then ran pkgtool, but whenever I told it
I wanted to install a package from the current directory, it quit, so
instead, I ran installpkg, which appears to have installed successfully.
The problem is that it says that it doesn't exist. Here is what ls -l
reports in /usr/local/Enlightenment/bin:

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        54754 Jul 17  1998 ConfigEdit*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root       131022 Jul 17  1998 dox*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root       520703 Jul 17  1998 enlightenment*

But when I try to run it, it shows me this:

enlightenment: can't stat `enlightenment' (No such file or directory).

So I tried two methods to prove to myself that it really is there. First,
I used file which reported:

-enlightenment: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1,
dynamically linked,

Second, I did something I shouldn't have, and I tried to edit the file
with emacs. It showed a bunch of stuff, so I am quite well assured that
it is there. Any ideas?

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no attachments)
MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with attachments.)
Slackware 3.5 (2.0.34) Linux user -- Linux Advocate

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]