[ale] Well "Rumour Corrected"

joe joe at linuxgeneralstore.com
Mon Feb 8 13:32:39 EST 1999

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, joe wrote:

 On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Michael B Golden wrote:

 > On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 22:17:38 -0500 (EST) joe <joe at linuxgeneralstore.com>
 > writes:
 > >The place to bring hardware for free help is the Linux Hardware Forum.
 > This is held every tuesday night at the >Linux General Store. Some of
 > the organizers of the ALE have helped us put this together for people to
 > get hands on >help with their boxes. All we ask is that once you become
 > able to help others , you come back another night to do so.
 >
 > 	I'll assume you remember what my problem is (I've posted many
 > times about it to the ALE list. It is a Sig11 problem if you don't
 > remember.), and I've just hooked my computer up to a power supply which I
 > absolutely know works. Yet, the computer still crashed. Also, I cannot
 > afford to pay the $50 that you charge for finding problems, nor even the

 Can you offer something in trade? You may have to replace some hardware.

 > $30 that other places charge. I was wondering, is this the type of

 If you know of companys that will diagnose linux hardware problems for
 a flat $30 please share this list with all of us.

 > problem I could get help on if I could make it to the Hardware Forum on a
 > Tuesday night or two?

 You can bring this buy on tues nights.

 > Michael Golden
 > Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no attachments)
 > MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with attachments.)
 > Slackware 3.5 (2.0.34) Linux user -- Linux Advocate

Joe DeVita                         Founder
Linux General Store   "Where Cyberspace and Real space meet"
798 Marietta St.       404-881-8090 voice  404-881-0640 fax
Atlanta GA 30318        http://www.linuxgeneralstore.com