[ale] Well "Rumour Corrected"

joe joe at linuxgeneralstore.com
Sat Feb 6 22:17:38 EST 1999

On 3 Feb 1999 balaunma at gpc.peachnet.edu wrote:

> A couple weeks ago, I sent a message to this list regarding needing
> help getting ftpd and xf86 to work on my RH5.0 box.  I received
> numerous helpful responses, for which I am quite grateful.  Thanks
> to the folks who had help to offer and thanks to those who didn't
> but took the time to read my message anyway :)
>
> Unfortunately, it didn't work.  ftpd still refuses all connections,
> and x...just flat out doesn't work right.
>
> So...I had heard rumours that some folks show up to ALE meetings
> with machines and ask for charitable help getting them to run
> right.  Is there any truth to these rumours?  And if so, when
> is the next meeting? (hopeful look)

The place to bring hardware for free help is the Linux Hardware Forum.
This is held every tuesday night at the Linux General Store. Some of the
organizers of the ALE have helped us put this together for people to get
hands on help with their boxes. All we ask is that once you become able
to help others , you come back another night to do so.

for more info http://www.linuxgeneralstore.com/lhware.html

> And another thing...my modem is on /dev/cua2.  I've got it working
> correctly under 2.0.32, but when I tried my 2.2.0 kernel, it
> kept telling me the device was busy. Grrr...
>
> On a good note, however, 2.2.0 contains support for my Creative
> Ensoniq AudioPCI sound card (yay!).
>
> As always, any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated.
>  Thanks!
>
> -Matt Balaun
>

> -----
> Sent using MailStart.com ( http://MailStart.Com/welcome.html )
> The FREE way to access your mailbox via any web browser, anywhere!

Joe DeVita                         Founder
Linux General Store   "Where Cyberspace and Real space meet"
798 Marietta St.       404-881-8090 voice  404-881-0640 fax
Atlanta GA 30318        http://www.linuxgeneralstore.com