[ale] Modules - KDE

Mike Kachline kachline at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 4 00:15:57 EST 1999

	Hi Frank,

<snip>
> 280mg w95 partition on it, and I never expected to install and compile a
> monster sized pkg, but I tried to anyway. Can I put it elsewhere and change
> the links etc? TIA.
<snip>
	I don't see why not. I do know that KDE can be told where to
install it's binaries, but it usually either installs in /usr/kde/ or
/usr/local/kde by default depending on the set of snapshots you are using.
I personally have all of my KDE sources in /usr/local/src (it *really*
does not matter where you put the KDE sources), linked /usr/kde to
/usr/local/kde, then have QT in /usr/local/src. QT can go anywhere you
want, as long as you've specified where it is in your QTDIR environment
variable.

	I'm pretty sure that if you need to save some space on the QT
side, that you can hose the qt/source directory once you have compiled QT,
as all of the libraries get copied into $QTDIR/libs and include files into
$QTDIR/include directories.

							- Mike
Michael Kachline - CS, Georgia Tech
kachline at cc.gatech.edu