[ale] Modules

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Wed Feb 3 21:13:07 EST 1999

	Because my hard drive on the computer I am working at is nearly
full, I can't install the kernel source. I have two things which I need a
new kernel for. These are support for my CD-ROM and support for my Sound
Card. I was wondering if it is possible to compile these as modules
without the kernel source. Note that I'm not even quite sure I know what
the modules are supposed to do, but I can't recompile the kernel until my
other system works. :( Also, is there a way to telnet for example into
another box which has the kernel source for newer kernels, and then
compile there and copy to my system and make it work right? Or do I have
to compile locally?

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no attachments)
MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with attachments.)
Slackware 3.5 (2.0.34) Linux user -- Linux Advocate

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]