[ale] Well

balaunma at gpc.peachnet.edu balaunma at gpc.peachnet.edu
Wed Feb 3 19:33:40 EST 1999

A couple weeks ago, I sent a message to this list regarding needing
help getting ftpd and xf86 to work on my RH5.0 box.  I received
numerous helpful responses, for which I am quite grateful.  Thanks
to the folks who had help to offer and thanks to those who didn't
but took the time to read my message anyway :)

Unfortunately, it didn't work.  ftpd still refuses all connections,
and x...just flat out doesn't work right.

So...I had heard rumours that some folks show up to ALE meetings
with machines and ask for charitable help getting them to run
right.  Is there any truth to these rumours?  And if so, when
is the next meeting? (hopeful look)

And another thing...my modem is on /dev/cua2.  I've got it working
correctly under 2.0.32, but when I tried my 2.2.0 kernel, it
kept telling me the device was busy. Grrr...

On a good note, however, 2.2.0 contains support for my Creative
Ensoniq AudioPCI sound card (yay!).

As always, any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated.
 Thanks!

-Matt Balaun

-----