[ale] Re: [elug] Possible supercomputer college course in Chicago...

Jeff Rose jrose at elug.org
Mon Feb 1 16:41:49 EST 1999

JustRay wrote:

> Where would ELUG put a Beowulf?  Location can cause interesting
> problems.

Let's start a holy war on ELUG's elugadvo list entitled:

Subject(s): Is Distributed.net a Beowulf? A Vitual-Beowulf?
            What is THE definition of a Beowulf? Is there a
            significant difference between a Beowulf and a
            Virtual-Beowulf, akin to stock Majordomo and
            Virtual-domain-majordomo?  Has Distributed.net
            help advocate that a physical entity like 'Beowulf'
            no longer has to remain physically confined, but
            virtually be almost everywhere? Ad naseum...

> On a side note, Pandora (FLU's current name for their 'wulf)
> should fire up this week.

ELUG's is going to be called: [ANOTHER THREAD-bait FOR elugadvo
HERE]

Jeff

PS RICK MOEN: Don't kill me ... I'll stop this incessant
   Virtual-LUG-listing-posts ASAP [do I hear SUPERLUG? :]