[ale] WinTV card from Hauppauge

Wandered Inn esoteric at atlnet.com
Fri Dec 31 22:01:11 EST 1999

I'm attempting to replace my capture card with a wintv card.  While
reading the docs on this thing, I found a note regarding the fact that
you can accidentally erase the eeprom on the Hauppauge cards.  In order
to protect against this possibility, it references a couple of programs,
readee and writeee that you can use to backup/restore this information.
Problem is, I can't locate these puppies anywhere.  I've tried
resubscribing to the video4linux list, but have not received a response
from it as of this time.

Anyone else using a Hauppauge WinTV card with the bttv driver?  Know
where I can get these programs?  There's only about 10 lines of info on
this stuff in one of the readme files, not very descriptive.

Thanks for any assistance.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl