[ale] Y2K RTC fix for Linux

Bob bob at cavu.com
Wed Dec 29 21:05:14 EST 1999

I have available for download a program that fixes the century byte in
the Real Time (CMOS) clock of a PC running Linux for older PCs that do
not correctly update this byte when the year rolls from 99 to 00.  This
is the evil hardware bug that so many have bought new computers for.

This fix only needs to be done once (unless you subsequently change the
year back before 2000):

        ftp://ftp.mindspring.com/users/cavu/century.c

Do forward this email to anyone who might be interested.

Bob Toxen
bob at cavu.com
http://www.cavu.com
http://www.cavu.com/sunset.html                 [Sunset Computer]
ftp://ftp.mindspring.com/users/cavu/century.c   [Y2K clock fix for Linux]
Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.       "Don't go with a fly-by-night outfit!"

Failure is not an option!
It comes bundled with all Microsoft products (in my opinion).
"Linux, a better way to go!"