[ale] Monitor Switch

Blake Sorensen "librarian at unseen.net" at unseen.net
Tue Dec 28 23:29:31 EST 1999

Anonymous sources within the White House report:
> Does anyone know where I can get a mechanical system switch.  This will
> allow me to share 2 ore more PC's with 1 monitor, keyboard, and mouse.  I
> want mechanical because it is cheapest.  Hopefully a place local or on the
> internet that can send one in a reasonable amount of time.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

I've had problems switching between windows and linux boxes; the mouse o
ften died in one or both systems.  I now use an electronic Omnicube 4-port
switch that I got at Microcenter for a little under $100, including cables.
It works very well, and I reccomend it.  On the other hand, I'll sell you
my old mechanical switch at the next ALE meeting if you really want it. :)

--
Blake Sorensen <blake at linuxshowcase.org>
www.linuxshowcase.org