[ale] Alternate OS InstallFest

Venkat Swaminathan vswaminathan at manh.com
Tue Dec 21 15:21:52 EST 1999

I have a suggestion for an event. You could have people
put up stalls/booths/tables with their personal experiences
with Linux e.g. like the talk we had the other day about
the LRP. Peopl could either bring their own machines or put
up a poster session which details on how they went about
getting a particular activity done with Linux.

A few topics I can come up with off the top of my head are

 -  Large disks with Linux (common FAQ)
 -  How to set up a home network using Linux (using either
    single or multiple machines -- firewalls, IPmasq, etc.)
 -  Samba, or Linux-Windows coexistence at home or at work
 -  Kernel patching and compilation

Yes, all the above are FAQs and are probably addressed by
reading a dozen documents. However, the above event will serve
to bring the wannabes and the been-theres together.

-venkat