[ale] KPP and no route to host

Robert Heaven rheaven at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 21 10:49:55 EST 1999

It sounds like multiple default routes.

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, tom at watson.st wrote:
 I have fixed my LILO problem by "zap"ing my HD and starting over... thanks
 for all the help.
 Now I have a new question. I have set up my modem and Kppp. My ISP is
 Mindspring and I configured all the pertinent DNS hosts (207.69.188.158,
 etc.) and Kppp dials in okay. But when i try to move around, I either get
 "A network error occurred
 unable to connect to server (TCP Error: No route to host)
 Ther server may be down or unreachable
 Try connecting again"

 or, it take forever for a page to load (10 min.). Are there other hosts to
 configure???
 (Also using the same dialup within minutes on another windows machine, the
 response is great so the dialup number must be good.)

 Tom