[ale] Comcast internet service

Ron Mellema admin at netherealm.net
Tue Dec 21 00:32:24 EST 1999

> Also, they use MAC security on their switches, so if you plan to run a
> firewall you'll need to have the installer use that machine for the onsite
> install. Alternatively, you can swap nics with your firewall after they do
> the install.

I live in Chamblee and had no problems switching from the Windowz box (they
require windows) to the SuSE box after they left. They gave me a RCA modem which
does not lock to the MAC address so the network card was not a problem for me.
However, it took them one month and 4 modems to get it working. I am running a
server with domain name (dns, web, firewall etc.). I have had no ill reaction from
the techs that come here but they definitely do not understand what it is nor do
they support Linux.