[ale] A newbie fights installing a NE2000 ISA ethernet card

Frank Zamenski fzamenski at voyager.net
Mon Dec 20 11:43:27 EST 1999

My experience with those older ISA NICs was to also change the default IRQ
03 to either 05 or 10, depending where the sound card (if any) lived, as IRQ
03 had potential conflicts with serial port I/O (COM2/4 in DOS-speak).
Should be a jumper to do same, or if jumperless, the setup disk should also
allow changes. Default 0x300 was usually safe, too.
--fgz