[ale] Linux Distro's

Bob's ALE Mail transam at cavu.com
Fri Dec 17 12:46:30 EST 1999

> I am starting to revive old 386/486 PC's. They handle RH well.
> I am frustrated by the amount of "junk" I have to uninstall
> when the installation is complete. (Who really needs the latest
> version of the RH_LOGO_GIF.i386.rpm). This has caused me to
> look for something else.

Slackware gives more granularity in selecting what to install and you
might find that it solves your problem (I'm about to install Slackware 7).
For example pitch emacs if you're a vi guy.

Bob Toxen
bob at cavu.com http://www.cavu.com
transam at cavu.com [ALE & Linux Laptops]
Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.

"The bad reputation UNIX has gotten is totally undeserved, laid on by
people who don't understand, who have not gotten in there and tried
anything."  -- Jim Joyce, owner of Jim Joyce's UNIX Bookstore