[ale] Directory Services under Linux

Jeremy T. Bouse undrgrid at undergrid.net
Thu Dec 16 14:59:48 EST 1999

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

	I'm in this position myself... I'm currently workin with Linux
boxen that are runnin Debian exclusively and I'm in the process of
tryin to use OpenLDAP with the PAM modules for LDAP but runnin into
credential problems with OpenLDAP which are stoppin me from importin
current system information into the LDAP DB...
	On a side note it does look like Windoze 2000 Server will be
using what they call "Active Directory" which is supposed to be LDAP
compliant for v2 or v3... Which may mean Windoze/*NIX networks will
be easier to manage although this is yet to be seen...

	Respectfully,
	Jeremy T. Bouse
	UnderGrid Network Services, LLC

David Corbin was said to been seen saying:
> I've about 10 linux systems that I have authority for (most are Debian
> based).  I'm tired of managing user/group information on each one.  It's
> a nuisance now, but will become a much larger problem with growth.  I
> know that NIS exists, but don't know much about it.  I'm very
> experienced with Novell's NDS, but it's not yet a solution in our
> environment (I don't think).
>=20
> Can anyone recommend a Directory Service (that will work with login,
> ftp, pop, imap etc., as well as support LDAP)?
> Thanks.

--=20
,--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
---,
| Jeremy T. Bouse  -  UnderGrid Network Services, LLC  -   www.UnderGrid.ne=
t  |
|       All messages from this address should be atleast PGP/GPG signed    =
   |
|        Public PGP/GPG fingerprint and location in headers of message     =
   |
|     If received unsigned (without requesting as such) DO NOT trust it!   =
   |
| Jeremy.Bouse at UnderGrid.net  -  NIC Whois: JB5713  -  undrgrid at UnderGrid.n=
et |
---'

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd--