[ale] OT: Affordable ADSL for Paulding County?

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Dec 15 16:59:58 EST 1999

    Dow> these new subdivisions.  It is amazing how slow BellSouth is
    Dow> in reacting to potential markets.  Does anyone know how much
    Dow> it costs to build a new CO?  Thousands?  Millions?  Dow

        BellSouth's actions are never amazing if you've worked there
(that's one of the reasons why I work somewhere else now :).  Just
remember Scott Addams (the Dilbert cartoonist) used to work for
PacBell.  Everything that happens in Dilbert has probably at one time
or another happened at all of the RBOCs.

        As for CO cost, I'd guess it's on the order of around half a
million (+/- another $250k maybe).  They're not cheap to build
(redundant power, facility security, connecting the new facility into
the phone network), and the equipment to go in them costs a large
chunk of change as well.

678 443-6239(w)       |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=