[ale] DSL

Ray Knight ray.knight at e-certify.com
Wed Dec 15 09:53:30 EST 1999

I don't know who is the best but tomorrow I will finally get my DSL line.  I
tried two other providers before I tried speakeasy.net and they were unable
to get BellSouth to provide the local loop (at least that's what there
excuse was).  They were both using NorthPoint and speakeasy.net uses Covad
so that may be the key here.  I already have the local loop and tomorrow
Covad is scheduled to show up and install the wall jack and deliver the the
FlowPoint 144 IDSL Router.  I am to far from the CO for anything but IDSL.
I can get up to 4 static IP addresses with this setup and speakeasy is very
Linux friendly.  I let you know what happens after tomorrow's install.

Oh, by the way they offer free dial-up service from the time you place your
order until the DSL line is installed.

Ray Knight
audilvr at speakeasy.org