[ale] lotus notes

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue Dec 14 21:24:00 EST 1999

    Jim> Where I work, they implemented Notes. The result was a
    Jim> secession by the UNIX heads. They're still using Netscape
    Jim> mail. And now the policy is going to open up again. It's
    Jim> comical.

        Same where I work but worse (M$ Exchange).  Took a couple of
weeks just to get the stupid WINMAIL.DAT crap turned off to SMTP
destinations.  It still bugs the crap out of me that it doesn't supply
proper References headers (poor Gnus has to thread on subject).  But I
digress . . .

    Jim> But I don't believe there is any such thing as a UNIX client
    Jim> for Notes. And just my personal opinion here, but it's a
    Jim> horrible mail client. I can't wait to be rid of it.

        I seem to recall seeing some sort of add about Domino for
Linux on a banner ad on slashdot.org or the like.  Whether there's
corresponding clients for Linux is another matter, but you might could
check.

678 443-6239(w)       |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=