[ale] sendmail dying

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue Dec 14 17:33:40 EST 1999

    Brian> I have a question for all the gurus out there.  I have a
    Brian> client with a redhat 5.2 setup that is basically running
    Brian> apache and sendmail.  Recently (about a week or so ago if I
    Brian> recall) sendmail just died.  Shutdown..kaput.  I thought it
    Brian> was a fluke so I "./sendmail restart" and went on my merry
    Brian> way.  Well, yesterday it did it again.  It's not really a
    Brian> high volume site or mail server and I am stumped.  Any
    Brian> suggestions??

        Check /var/{log,adm}/mail and ..../messages to see if there's
any error messages.  Look for core files in the directory sendmail was
started from (or do a `find / -name core -print|xargs file|grep sendmail'
and see if there's any lying around in strange places).

678 443-6239(w)       |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=