[ale] Visibroker on Linux Issues

Joe Knapka jknapka at charter.net
Mon Dec 13 18:09:32 EST 1999

You will have to inform ld.so that you wish to
use Visibroker's libc.so in preference to the
one in /usr/lib; read the man pages for ld.so.
I think you set an environment variable like
LD_SO_PRELOAD or something to tell it to
preferentially resolve symbols from a particular
library first. You should use a script like:

#!/bin/bash
export LD_SO_PRELOAD=<path to Visi lib>
visibroker &

DO read the man pages! I have not tried this
myself.

HTH,

-- Joe