[ale] VA Linux IPO - The Sad Thing ?

jj at spiderentertainment.com jj at spiderentertainment.com
Fri Dec 10 13:05:49 EST 1999

Well I just hope they put the money to good use and not because *scholes
like Microsoft. Remember that when Bill was with his partner, they had
some great and good visions. That vision just got shaped along the way.
I honestly hope that the money from the IPO will be used in good faith.

And believe me, that remains to be seen. Well, hope for the best, expect
the worst.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely, we'll see.

Frankly me biggest fear is that all these IPO companies will eventually
turn on the people they have dependent for so long. And they will do
that without even realizing over time. Microsoft knows that, and that's
what they are counting on! and they will make corporate espionage to
excel this process. Can you believe that Microsoft promoted Redhat,
before it's IPO ?. Infact they will do anything to make this happen; and
that my friend will be the end of stock civilization as we know it.

When microsoft shares drop to 65-50$ that's when I'll buy em. As they
will go to 200 when Linux falls.

Don't take me wrong, I prefer Unix over microsoft without any doubt, but
I just seen this kinda thing too many times.

-