[ale] VALinux IPO

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Fri Dec 10 09:24:50 EST 1999

Should probably stay out of this...but...

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Jeff Waldrop wrote:
> reading something is to make me unhappy, I don't want to
> know about it.  You guys are not helping ALE or the Linux
> community by bragging about your special privileges.

Lets see...I got e-mail from VA Research, which I threw right into my spam
folder.  A little later on /. I saw something about the "mystical IPO"
letter, went back and looked and that is what I got.

I guess my "special privileges" aren't so special as they are open to
anyone who contributes to the kernel or GNOME or whatever the letter
stated.  I have one (minor) line in the kernel with my e-mail address and
was quite active on GNOME for a bit there getting it working on HP-UX.

Actually, I just looked at the headers, and the mail was sent to my
address that was in the kernel source code.

Guess I should have bought in with what pathetic little money I have and
sold it right off.  Damnation.