[ale] unreal tournament and q3a

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Dec 9 16:18:27 EST 1999

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher S Adams <toiletduk at penguinpowered.com> writes:

    Christopher> how many of you are going to by Quake III: Arena and
    Christopher> Unreal Tournament?

    Christopher> they both run in linux, though you have to download
    Christopher> an executable to get UT to run

        I've got UT and it's pretty spiffy.  I've had some problems
getting it to work under Linux, but I think those are more X server
version related (it wants 3.3.5 or something IIRC).  Definately seems
much quicker single player with bots than Unreal (U would handle maybe
2-3 bots, UT seems to handle many more than that (5-6+) smoothly).
Net play seems comparable to that of Tribes even with fairly large
(8+) games.

678 443-6239(w)       |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=