[ale] PPA on Mandrake 6.0

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Thu Dec 9 07:00:32 EST 1999

I just upgraded from Slackware 3.2 to Mandrake 6.0, and I must say, I am
feeling a bit of culture shock.  Despite this, I have managed to get
everything working except for my parallel port Zip drive.  Everything
except for this and the sound card came right up with literally no effort.

This distribution came with version 2.2.9 of the linux kernel, and when
running make xconfig or make menuconfig, the options for the PPA driver
either appear greyed out or absent, respectively.  This is also true of
the IMM driver.  Result:  No zip, and no obvious possibility of a zip.

What is going on here?