[ale] database engine integration with MS products

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Mon Dec 6 17:10:23 EST 1999

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Matthew Brown wrote:
> Can anyone make any recommendations for Linux databases to integrate
> with Microsoft client-side products (Access2000, InterDev)
> I have tried PostgresSQL with InterDev but had no success.

According to the Postgressql FAQ on their site, there are ODBC drivers out
there.  Pretty much most products I've seen that hit databases from
Windows use ODBC for the connectivity method, unless it is written to
specifically go via a specific api (like Oracle SQL*Net or OCI)

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#2.1