[ale] 3DFX Voodoo3 2000, It's good for newbies!

Lee Roy leeroy at gate.net
Sun Dec 5 11:57:21 EST 1999

    Here's a Newbies 2 cents on the video card. Get it!  This from
"www.pricewatch.com "3dfx voodoo3 2000 16mb agp 143mhz sdram dual 32bit
286mtexels OEM 2D/3D Accelerator AGP 2X 16MB complete with drivers and
manuals
VOODOO III 2000 $ 78.00. You just can not go wrong with this card. I
have had mine for about 6 months.  Back when I first started using linux
I found support for it and got it running in only a few days.  A few
Days? Yes, I was new to linux and had no idea what an RPM was or how to
untar a file. As I have learned to do stuff, I have got this card to
work in Red hat 5.2, 6.0, 6.1,  Mandrake 6.0, 6.1, Caldera OpenLinux
2.2,  Winlinux2000 (well I had to see what it looked like) and Suse
6.1.  After the first few tries of getting it to work  it's now easy to
get it to run in what ever distro I feel like trying this week. If your
friend is a gamer, he'll love Quake2 and Quake3test in linux.  I have
seen stuff on the 3dfx4 and 5 coming out some time in the first part of
the new year. It may be worth the wait.  For only $ 78.00 the 3dfx 2000
is well worth that.

Lee Roy