[ale] 3dfX-mas Cheer

Tony Scalzitti tscal at gw.total-web.net
Sat Dec 4 19:11:48 EST 1999

I would say 3dfx.  I don't like closed specs, but it is very easy to write
for glide.  Its a bit older and has better game support in the windows
world.  Stands to reason that there are more glide developers.  I like the
idea of a nice 2D card with good X support and a second 3D card (or two in
SLI) mode - though this is voodoo2 setup, it is fairly cheap now

OpenGL is nice and all, but maybe its just me - I don't like the OpenGL look
in games, I think quake looks a lot less "real" in OpenGL.  I like texture
mapped, light effects, water, and smoke better in a nice 3dfx game

just my .02
-T

P.S. TNT2 is a bit cheaper the Voodoo3.