[ale] Using VMWare/Samba on a DHCP laptop

David Corbin dcorbin at corvusware.com
Sat Dec 4 11:39:42 EST 1999

I went back and looked, and I can't find MY response on the newsgroup.

Here is the key part of the .cfg file.  I started off by hand editing
the .cfg file to get things working.  Ultimately, I think you need to
run vmware-config.pl (if I remember correctly) to get everything right,
and select BOTH Bridged and host-only networking....(it seems like
a contradiciton, but it works...)

ethernet0.present = TRUE
ethernet0.connectionType = "bridged"

ethernet1.present = TRUE