[ale] any way to convert/adapt BNC or AUI -> RJ45 connection ?

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Fri Dec 3 07:16:45 EST 1999

    Tony> Yes, you need a transceiver.  Check on pricewatch.com under
    Tony> network/other.  There are only a few listed there,
    Tony> pricewatch is geared to more "mainstream" stuff.  Maybe some
    Tony> else know of a good source, I got one from a company in
    Tony> canada for about $29 US.  The shipping is slow but the price
    Tony> was good.

        Datacom Warehouse (same company as (PC|Mac) Warehouse) usually
stocks stuff like this and has reasonable prices.

        http://www.warehouse.com/datacomm/

        Of course for the $30+ you're going to pay for a transceiver,
you could probably get a halfway decent 10/100 nic with RJ45 built
right in . . .

678 443-6239(w)       |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=