[ale] [OT] sendmail & masquerading

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Wed Dec 1 22:15:36 EST 1999

> http://www.sendmail.org/faq  mentions something about
> MASQUERADE_AS(host.domain), but I don't know how to implement this in my
> /etc/sendmail.cf file (if I just stick it in there and SIGHUP sendmail,
> it doesnt seem to work and still taggs messages with the non-existant"
> host name), or even if this is the correct thing to do.

That line does not go into the sendmail.cf file directly.  It goes into
the .m4 files that are then processed to make the sendmail.cf file.  I'm
not sure what distributions provide what as far as m4 files, but if you
get the sendmail source, it'll have all that is needed (and then some) to
make your own new sendmail.cf

FYI, the line that would put in your sendmail.cf file is
DMhost.domain
Just search for DM, which is probably gonna be null in your sendmail.cf
file.

Good luck - my experience is if you ask a sendmail question, you get more
lecture on how someone else who doesn't know your situation feels about an
issue than an answer.