[ale] Re: your mail

Ryan Bridges ryan at linuxgeneral.net
Wed Dec 1 13:19:18 EST 1999

That prompt is actually not controlled by /bin/login.  It is controlled by
your getty service.  If you are not sure which one you use, look in
/etc/inittab for a reference.  Some getty programs will allow you to
change the login prompt, fbgetty for example.  For your getty, read the
man page.

Ryan Bridges
ryan at linuxgeneral.net
reverend at linux.com