[ale] Linux as a router

Joe Knapka jknapka at charter.net
Tue Aug 31 14:48:00 EDT 1999

Michael Hirsch wrote:

> Joe Knapka <jknapka at charter.net> writes:
>
> > With IP masq, you don't need a proxy. Just tell the browser
> > you've got a direct Internet connection. As long as the gateway/
> > default route is set up properly, everything will work.
>
> Good point.  But we were also talking about using a squid cache, or
> some other web proxy.  That would still imply the need for telling the
> clients about the proxy.

Ahh, true. So Squid for WWW cache, and IPmasq for everything else.

-- Joe Knapka
* I speak only for myself, not for these idiots:
* The Software Monastery - "Better Software Through Divine
* Intervention." Source-code prayer vigils available - nominal
* donation $0.01/LOC. http://whyme.penguinpowered.com/monastery.html