[ale] browser recc's?

JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM
Tue Aug 31 09:25:01 EDT 1999

I have this very topic at heart and agree with some of the below comments. I
suggest we all "petiton" Opera (http://www.operasoftware.com) to work faster
on their browser. I thought it was a reliable alternative on Windows and
can't wait for them to release it for Linux. I just don't understand why
they released a Beos one before a Linux one.

>Right now, I do virtually all my work under Linux.  GIMP for images,
>Applixware for docs and spreadsheets, vi for web page development,
>Apache to test locally.  I find Navigator sufficient to test and browse
>with, but I wish there where other options.

Sounds like we have the same exact job :)

>The bottom line is, when it comes to Linux, there is one browser that is
>sufficient, and that is Netscape.

Hurry up Opera. Your public awaits.

Randy