[ale] Connecting to the ISP

ryan at toast.wildfyre.com ryan at toast.wildfyre.com
Wed Aug 25 23:23:54 EDT 1999

That really sounds like you are just getting the username and/or password
wrong to me.  I can't think of anything else that would need to be
running.  The only other thing I can think of is that you need to start
pppd.  Try running pppsetup and follow its instructions.  you would then
use pon ( or ppp-on) to connect and poff ( or is it ppp-off) to
disconnect.  Looking back on this message, I think I like my second idea
better.  try the pppsetup and let me know if you have any troubles with
that.

Ryan Bridges
<ryanbridges at mindspring.com>