[ale] Connecting to the ISP

chaganti at randomc.com chaganti at randomc.com
Wed Aug 25 22:16:42 EDT 1999

Hi eveyone:

I am running Slackware 4.0 on a Dell Inspiron 7000. I am trying to
connect to my ISP. The modem is working fine. I can use Minicom
to dial out. However, when I dial my ISP and try to login, I get a
message saying that it is an invalid login. I do not have a shell
account with my ISP (Random Access). I tried using Hyperterminal
from Win with the same result. Does anyone know if I need to do
something else (have any other process started up) before I try to
dial the ISP ???

Any info really appreciated.

Thanks
prabhakar