[ale] Networking Problems

jj at spiderentertainment.com jj at spiderentertainment.com
Wed Aug 25 12:43:08 EDT 1999

Peer-peer network, doesn't that mean two computers connected directly via
the Ethernet cable ? meaning the only two can see each other ?.

In normal network standards if you have static IPs, and all of the
workstation are connected via single cable, Coaxal, or Twisted pair with a
hub, then you should see the other machine. I don't think this will make
much difference, but try checking your subnet and broadcast, also use arp to
see if you can see other machines mac addresses.