[ale] y2k not a problem, what about sept ?

Russell Enderby Russell.Enderby at arris-i.com
Tue Aug 24 14:49:20 EDT 1999

I don't believe this to be a big problem.  It used to be people would use
it as a end of file marker, although I do not believe it has been used in
quite some time.  (At least I dot know of anyone who ever used it for real
applications)

I have however seen it used much more in COBOL, RPG II/III applications.
These are usually not in unix but more on large scale IBM mainframes and
mini-computers.

If anyone knows different please speak up.
Thanks,
Russell

--
Russell T. Enderby                                        Arris Interactive

Software Engineer                                         3871 Lakefield
Dr, Suite 300
Cornerstone Software Development Group   Suwanee, GA 30024-1242
Email: Russell.Enderby at arris-i.com               Phone: 770-622-8490