[ale] KDE vs. GNOME

JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM
Fri Aug 20 09:39:38 EDT 1999

This isn't meant to start a thread on which is better. I will decide for
myself. However I have been using GNOME w/ Enlightenment and love it. I have
grown quite accustomed to its config options. I now want to try KDE. It
seems to run a little faster and smoother however I can't sem to define
short-cut keys as I could in E. This is a huge deciding factor for me. Can
anyone tell me how I can define a shortcut key in KDE (i.e. F3 bring up
/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm)? I have tried using the control-panel thing they have
but it seems very limited.

Thanks,

Randy